[amsat-bb] Fwd: CW signal from the Knacksat satellite
Tanan Rangseeprom
2018-12-07 15:03:29 UTC
Dear All AMSAT members

My name is Tanan Rangseeprom my callsign HS1JAN. I am project manager of
JAISAT-1 satellite. I am very happy that Thailand, represented by King
Mongkut's University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUT-NB), has
successfully launched a Knacksat satellite from the SSO-A mission on
December 3, 2018.

The Knacksat team are very happy to learn that Mike Rupprechat, DK3WN had
been the first person to receive the CW signal, however, after that
satellite receive ground stations of KMUT-NB HS0AK and ground station of
RAST HS0AJ and AMSAT HS members in Thailand have tried to receive the CW
signal from the Knacksat satellite but we have not been able to receive any
transmission at all. Hence, I am asking for help from all AMSAT members by
asking them to please try to receive the CW signal and confirm this online
at the following website:

https://knacksat-26d23.firebaseapp.com/decoder

When you provide a signal report online, the Knacksat team will have a very
nice QSL card and gift to send in response to thank you for helping us by
receiving our signal. In addition, in the future when the satellite is
operational, the Knacksat team will be able to provide a packet radio
uplink on VHF so that the satellite can respond count number to you with
its callsign. So I would like to ask all AMSAT amateur radio operators to
please help us in this and to please send any data back to us online
website.

Info for amateur radio communities
Call sign: HS0K
CW beacon: 435.635 MHz
comment please send to: ***@gmail.com.
information of satellite: http://www.knacksat.space

Thank you in advance.
With respect. 73

Tanan Rangseeprom HS1JAN
AMSAT HS member
Loren M. Lang
2018-12-08 17:33:38 UTC
What's the recommended TLE or object to track for Knacksat?

I tried a pass last night assuming it should be in the vicinity of AO-95,
but heard nothing for the entire pass.

- Loren
K7IW